Saturday, November 24, 2012

31+1 weeks, 127 lbs (fluctuating, based on this stomach bug that's going around), and baby's still cooking!

And that is the only exclamation point that this post gets.  Skip the next two paragraphs if you don't feel like reading about me complain.  I am getting frustrated with this pregnancy.  The contractions are continuing, and they are painful.  I've had to take several more doses of the Procardia medication to stop them, and it only works for a few hours.  My back hurts from sitting/ lying around, and I am going stir crazy.  I am also starting to panic because I am NOT READY FOR THIS BABY TO COME OUT.  I don't have a name, a crib, diapers, or any of the other 340,852 things that are helpful to have when a newborn is around.  Not to mention Christmas shopping, which can't be done because within a few minutes of walking, I start contracting again.  I would throw in a complaint about how there's no room in my chest to breathe, or how uncomfortable it is to have a foot in my ribcage no matter what position I lie in, but truthfully, I prefer those discomforts to the contractions, and I would really actually LIKE it if those discomforts continued, because it would mean the baby is growing inside me and not coming out.  I really, really, really hope this little one stays in at least until after Christmas, and it would be so, so, SO nice if the contractions would stop too.

I'm sure the contractions are at least partially related to a good deal of emotional stress that's been going on, and it would be nice if that would go away too.  If I could quit my job, I would, in a heartbeat, because the satisfaction I get from going to work at this point is far outweighed by the day-to-day annoyances and aggravation that come with just walking in the door of the hospital.  Then I could focus on spending what limited time I have left with my two perfect kiddos - before the third one throws our daily rhythm into complete chaos (good chaos, I know, but chaos nonetheless).

On the plus side, and speaking of that, Sam and Abi have been wonderful.  They are absolutely doting and sweet and gentle, and have taken to cuddling up next to me kind of curled around my big belly somehow.  Unfortunately, they have also come down with the stomach bug, so the three of us have been pretty pathetic over the last couple of days, resting on the couch and going to bed early.  On that note, it's 9:30pm and my freshly-washed sheets are calling...

Hopefully more positive thoughts next time.

3 comments:

  1. What would it take to get put on bed rest?? What would be the downside of that at this point? Then you could "quit" your job and lie in bed and do your Christmas shopping online. It seems as though I know women who have been put on bed rest for a lot less than what you're describing. I know that bedrest brings a whole host of complications, but still, maybe it would help? Contact Dr. Rachel with any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so frustrating for you. You're doing great and everything will work out fine. Don't worry about all that you will need Well take care of all that when I get down there. If you go early. Well come down early and still take care of everything. Babies need mommies. Everything else is just "stuff".
    I agree with Rachel. Maybe you should think about cutting back more at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to my 2 mamas/ doctors/ friends. I AM cutting back at work and it is helping, actually. Christmas shopping online is definitely my plan. And as for all the baby "stuff," well, fortunately it doesn't get very cold in Florida, and plus I live on the Redneck Riviera, so I don't think it will be a big deal if I bring my baby out naked in the middle of winter. XOXO

    ReplyDelete