Thursday, November 15, 2012

The final trimester

Oct 24th, 2012

Ok, I'm 26+5 weeks today and this baby is HUGE!!  I am sure I will laugh in another few months when I read this, but I feel like I'm as big as I will probably get.  I do love being pregnant and having my special little belly-shelf to rest my hands on.  Sam and Abi are not as adoring, complaining that the baby is taking up all my lap space, which is where they want to be sitting.  Actually, they are amazing with how excited and sweet they are to the baby already.  Abi in particular loves to come give me a huge hug and kiss and then kisses my belly and says, "I love you, baby!"  Sam loves to feel the baby kick, and today, the little one had hiccups for the first time, which Sam found hysterical.  I love it too.

No excitement since last time, thankfully.  I had another ultrasound which showed this peanut is growing at the 50th percentile - measuring at 1lb, 10oz at last check.  Everything else appears to be status quo.  I did manage to come down with my first cold of pregnancy, which flat-out sucked.  I am still recovering from that, and I have to say, I did forget how horrible it is to make it through 10 days of congestion, sinus drainage, and sore throat without any medication.  Ugh.  Thankfully the kids didn't get it, and they were absolute angels about letting me sleep over the weekend.

I've narrowed down the list of names, I think, although Scott doesn't know it. =)  For a girl, I love Emerson or Madelyn, and for a boy, Ryan or Joshua.  Based on how things went with the 2 previous babies, though, I am sure those names will change more than once over the next 3 months, and ultimately, Scott will come up with the perfect name, as he's done twice before. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment