Monday, January 7, 2013

Full Term!!!

Actually 37+3 today, so 3 days into full-term!  Honestly did not think I'd make it this far, and now I'm wondering if we'll have to actually evict this baby...

Last night I unpacked my first "new" baby thing - a changing table pad.  It sounds silly, but we have so much stuff still from Sam and Abi that I haven't really had to buy anything new.  Our old changing pad, however, is either lost or destroyed (or both), so I ordered a new one and opened it up last night.  I put on a soft off-white cover and got so excited!  Don't ask why.  Pregnancy hormones make weird things exciting and extra-emotional.  Now I want to go buy a bunch more stuff so I can keep getting more and more excited.  It just all of a sudden seemed very real.  Cannot wait to meet this "bebe" - as the kids keep calling it!

We had a great time at Disney last week - our last vacation as a family of four, and our last actual relaxing vacation for a while, I suspect.  The kids had a blast and we all slept way more than I expected - with average wake-up times in the 8:30-9:30am range!  I waddled around the parks while Scott took Sam and Abi on some fun rides.  I did manage to get myself into the People Mover (in Tomorrowland), which is actually pretty fun (if your idea of fun involves slow speed, quiet attractions).  The ride takes you through Space Mountain, which was Abi's only way to experience it (as she's still a few inches too short), so I got to watch her get excited.  We did LegoLand and SeaWorld too, and by the end of the trip, I was definitely exhausted.  Mainly my back hurt from being on my feet so much, but overall I handled it way better than I expected.  Didn't really tell my OB I was going - not sure he would have been so excited about that idea.



Anyway, I'm home now and the clock is ticking.  Been reading about ways to handle labor (besides the obvious epidural) and wondering just when this is going to happen.  It occurred to me today that this little one is just getting bigger and bigger, which is starting to make my dreams of a VBAC much less attractive.  Oh well, we'll see.  I'm happy to just roll with it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment